We are currently recruiting for an IT support technician/trainer within our head office to provide IT training and support across the business and by doing so, improve company effectiveness.
Having worked within a professional services environment, the ideal candidate will have solid experience of designing and delivering IT training through a variety of training methods.
The role holder will report to the business systems director and duties will include:
- The design, development and delivery of customised training courses for all parts of the business, to enhance and improve the firm’s ability to use its IT systems to their greatest advantage.
- Complementing the existing induction training by delivering quality IT training to new joiners.
- Using all available training methods when delivering training: classroom, one-to-one, video, documentation, etc.
- Working proactively throughout the business to identify training needs.
- Preparing modular based training in several formats that meet these key requirements, ensuring that the modules evolve in line with ever-changing business needs and ever-changing software.
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of written training instructions and online learning materials in the form of e-learning courses, intranet pages and tips and tricks articles.
- Performing effective quality assurance on all training content and materials.
- Delivering training on IT systems either on a 1-1 or group basis as required.
- Coordinating training schedules in conjunction with relevant individuals or groups.
- Providing desktop support via phone, e-mail or face to face (laptops and PCs, printers, scanners, desktop phones).
- Providing first line application support: MS Office (’07, ’13 & 365), Sharepoint and NAV plus Causeway Estimating, Asta Powerproject and Union Square Document Management. Escalate issues to suppliers or colleagues when required.
- Maintaining calls on support ticket system.
- Setting up new and maintaining existing users in AD, including the issuing of passwords and setting up of e-mail accounts.
- Solid experience of IT training delivery within a professional services environment (construction experience is not required but would be an advantage).
- Experience of creating and implementing training modules in a similar role.
- Knowledge and experience of working with e-learning software.
- Strong knowledge of standard IT products and techniques.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Solid, wide ranging generalist IT knowledge and expertise.
- Proven experience of understanding and conveying how IT can be used to benefit a business.
- Capable of selling concepts and inviting changes to working practices.
- An analytical mind able to relate software to discreet business processes.
- The ability and confidence to forge strong relationships with all areas of the business so that the services delivered are well received and valued.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills at all levels and audiences.
- Empathetic and able to help people deal with any fears of new technology.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Exposure to construction project management software products (desired).
The role is anticipated to include occasional travel to offices and sites therefore a full driving license is essential. As some of our projects are based within secure establishments, you may be required to undertake a security check to enable access to sites.
If this role interests you, please forward your CV to our HR Department. Please quote reference ITKBW.
Knights Brown actively promotes inclusiveness across the workplace, creating an environment where each individual has the equal opportunity to achieve his or her full potential and where employees feel respected. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Closing date extended to 4 May 2018
Please note – NO AGENCIES.