We wish to recruit a site engineer experienced in highways, ducting and drainage works to join our Wales & Energy Division.
This is a permanent role that will initially support the LFFN Wave 3 project, which is anticipated to end in April 2023. Afterwards you will have an opportunity to work with the wider SWTRA Framework and divisional delivery teams.
LFFN (Local Full Fibre Network) Wave 3 is part of the national campaign to support full fibre connectivity to public buildings. In turn the LFFN Challenge Fund aims to make it easier for broadband companies to provide commercial full fibre packages to homes and businesses, as well as supporting the delivery of future 5G mobile broadband services. SWTRA (the South Wales Trunk Road Agent) has a mandate to install new motorway communications ducting and fibre optic infrastructure across the major trunks roads in South Wales including the M4, A470, A48, A477, A40 and the A4076. Knights Brown will be delivering approximately 6km of this package over a 3-year programme starting Jan 2021 with an estimated value of £12M+. The project will be exclusively delivered at night.
• Construction Manager
• Project Manager
• Dimensional accuracy and control of construction operations.
• Finding the most efficient construction solutions and sharing opportunities for marginal gains.
• The sound administration of IMS (Integrated Management System) and other HSQE requirements.
• A470 Merthyr to Pontypridd
• M4 JCT 38 Margam to 49 Pont Abraham
• Current location of works is A470 near Merthyr
Standard hours are 7.30pm to 5.30am, five nights a week, however hours may require some flexibility due to the demands of the project.
• A strong understanding and experience of highways works, ducting and drainage
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
• First aid trained
• Assist with the collation of key project document such as RAMS, ITP and H&S file information.
• Completion of administration tasks as part of their everyday role such as LOLER & PUWER checks, writing and issuing permits, collation of site diary notes, writing weekly progress reports amongst other office-based tasks.
• Prepare and submit relevant documents/requests – RFIs, TQs, CVIs, etc to reduce ambiguity.
• Update test and inspection plans and ensure compliance.
Please download the role profile linked below.
Knights Brown actively promotes inclusiveness across the workplace, creating an environment where each individual has the equal opportunity to achieve his or her full potential and where employees feel respected. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.