We require a friendly, personable IT field support technician, with a full UK driving license to be based out of our head office in Ringwood, with the ability to travel within the UK where necessary. Our small IT team deals with people face-to-face, on the phone, via email and via a help-desk portal. More important than years of experience in a support role, is the person’s temperament and their ability to communicate effectively.
This role includes a mixture of office based and site based work including first/second line support and getting our remote sites and satellite offices connected. Whilst working on site the candidate will be expected to multi task getting the job done whilst supporting any IT issues that may arise. A commercial vehicle for business use will be provided.
First/second line support responsibilities
- Provide IT support via telephone, remotely or in person for the resolution of software, hardware or network issues, in line with service level agreements.
- Carry out initial fault finding for technical issues and either resolve or escalate as appropriate.
- Liaise with external third-party support teams to resolve issues to a successful conclusion, as necessary.
- Interface with other IT service team members where required, to resolve/escalate issues.
- Respond to service desk tickets within the appropriate service delivery timeframes.
- Setup, deploy and provide ongoing support of client environments.
- Day to day support for core desktop services.
- Active Directory and user account management.
- IT department general administrative duties as required.
- Operate to Knights Brown policies, procedures and standards.
- Support such other commensurate IT projects and activities, as required.
Field support responsibilities
- Travelling to new and existing sites across the UK connecting to / decommissioning from the Knights Brown network.
- Providing an “IT presence” to divisional offices.
- Installation of IP cameras to the site network.
- Responding to incidents that cannot be resolved remotely.
First/second line IT support skills
- Experience of working in a first line support role is essential.
- A working knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office 2013/365.
- Experience of multi-function printers an advantage.
- Experience of IT help-desk software would an advantageous.
- Experience of working within a small multidisciplinary IT support team, desirable.
Field support essential skills
- A full clean driving licence
- A flexible attitude to working away including overnight stays at short notice
- Basic networking / VPN troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience in a field-based role
- A health and safety focused approach to working on site
Knights Brown actively promotes inclusiveness across the workplace, creating an environment where each individual has the equal opportunity to achieve his or her full potential and where employees feel respected. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.