We are embarking on an IT and business systems transformation. Our legacy finance and procurement systems are being replaced with Microsoft Navision and this new system will be complemented with a brand new document management system delivered via SharePoint and management reporting facilitated by Jet. Over the next few years, the company plans to significantly expand and develop the use of these and several other business systems.
We are seeking an applications support analyst (ASA) to join us at the beginning of this journey.
The small IT team work with site and office-based users across the UK. They provide support, training and application enhancements that assist their colleagues to be the best they can be and contribute to Knights Brown’s commitment to continuous improvement.
- Provide second line support to users with application issues. Ensure associated problems are identified, resolved and root cause analysis has been completed.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with database-driven applications. Working to either solve the problem and/or work with the third-party solution providers’ support desks.
- Manage communication and relationships with users and suppliers to ensure they are kept informed on issue-resolution progress.
- Keep the service desk support-ticket up to date with respect to issue resolution and close-out.
- Work with business users and the department head to assist in the design and development of change requests for the supported applications or new custom functionality.
- Design and develop requested system changes given a high-level set of requirements.
- Take an active role in IT projects that require application development and/or data migration and manipulation; Creating clear and detailed change-documentation, maintaining issue logs, maintaining test/development environments and deploying changes according to change control procedures.
- Write SQL database queries to assist the management reporting requirements of the business.
- Administer the Navision and SharePoint user accounts and security profiles for starters, leavers and role changes.
- Contribute to the evolution of the SharePoint and Navision products within Knights Brown. Enhancing the functionality offered to users.
Essential Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Experience in an IT support role and within second line application support.
- A customer-service orientated mind-set with a determination to help colleagues be the best they can be.
- Good team-player. The role-holder sits side by side with colleagues in first line support, infrastructure and training.
- A logical mind with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An enthusiasm for continual learning.
- Good organisation skills and the ability to effectively prioritise tasks.
- An enthusiasm to learn about the business they serve and understand how the systems they support are used.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Experience of systems admin and/or development within a Navision based application.
- Experience of systems admin and/or development of SharePoint 365.
- Experience with construction industry related applications eg Causeway Estimating, Asta Power Project, AutoCAD, the Autodesk AEC Collection, E:Vision.
- Experience with Jet Reports is a significant advantage.
Working within a small team you will be flexible, confidential and have strong communication skills. You will be organised and able to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment.
Knights Brown actively promotes inclusiveness across the workplace, creating an environment where each individual has the equal opportunity to achieve his or her full potential and where employees feel respected. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
If you have the necessary skills for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to our HR Department or apply using the link below.
Closing date 11 May 2018
Please note – NO AGENCIES.