Knights Brown, the privately owned and independent construction company, has been awarded gold ‘We invest in people’ accreditation by Investors in People (IiP). This level of award is only held by about 16% of ‘We invest in people’ accredited organisations. The survey results show that Knights Brown performs above the average benchmark for all IiP accredited organisations and also in its sector, marking it out as an exceptional company to work for.
Knights Brown has been an accredited employer with Investors in People since 2007. To achieve the gold accreditation means the company’s people and leaders take full ownership of the practices they have in place to support their people. The company is actively trying to make work better.
Investors in People Practitioner, Dorothy Shirvell, said: “Achieving gold accreditation is a significant accomplishment and something everyone in the company should feel justifiably proud of. It is confirmation of a very positive and engaging culture and indicates there are some excellent and continuously improving people practices in place.”
The assessment found that the people working at Knights Brown feel optimistic about the future, and really enjoy working for the company. 88% of employees are aware of the business’s longer-term strategic priorities. People believe the right processes and practices are in place to support them in their work.
Managing Director, Kevin Valentine, said: “We have a brilliant team and it’s their hard work and professionalism that has earned this recognition. Our customers rely on us to deliver to high standards. This Investors in People achievement reflects their work and the effort that everyone puts into everything they do at Knights Brown.”
Investors in People comments:
- High level of trust
- Employees motivated to deliver and proud of the reputation of the company
- Guiding principles seen as integral to the business
- People overwhelmingly feel able to use their own initiative
- Line managers are supporting
- Interesting work, progression and a prospering company
- Opportunities to develop and include knowledge sharing, learning from each other and involvement in projects
- Additional training pipeline, graduates and impressive apprenticeship scheme
- Opportunities to continually review and improve are seen throughout the organisation
- 88% of respondents are positive the company has a plan for the future
- 75% strongly believe the company is a great place to work
- There is a sense of security and trust in the business to succeed